Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm a goof!

I started a post 'new poetry' and lost it, looking for the poetry I'd written in a notebook, on another's poetry, and in my 2nd journal. By the time I got back to the computer -- it had posted a blank page with nothing in it! Go figure. Any way I think I'll think on the poetry a bit and tell you the update. See, I'm thinking of starting to ask my 'further removed family' to this blog, by way of convenient updates on my mother and my own ever changing further progression through illness. And the poetry is often to raw and intimate, for some to even want to see. And well, I'm mostly a poet, but ... Hmmmn guess that means, I may be growing up a bit, if I'm worried for decorum? 'Course Bukowski said that was the death of a poet, artistically.

Mother is on her way home, in Stanwood, having started the discharge procedures this morning somewhere, around 6 this AM. She called after one, did i call it? She was in the car and on her way home without oxygen and sleepy. Her PET scan showed the tumors to be localized around the heart and in her colon, as we might have suspected. Doesn't sound like the lungs are involved at present, so that's good (must have been the draining of fluids-- both medically and naturally ;) -- ask me about this if ur interested) She's an order to start outpatient chemo at 9:30 next monday after which she'll spend the day with me. I'm hoping, resting mostly, and my painting some, too. -- if I get myself reorganized and in a position to slow down. She'd all her orders from the Dr. as I'd requested from equipment cause the hospital pharmacy wasn't willing to bill Medicare, but no matter, the social worker assures me if she's the order, she'll get the equipment. This will make everyones' life easier -- showering is can be one of the most hazardous things humans do these days, particularly i they're infirm -- and I'm not strong enough to do anything for her support wise.

anyway ... i'll think on the poetry --- nobody ever comments here???? if it wasn't for private emails telling me they read it, I'd really begin to worry! kisses, I love you for caring enough to be reading xxxE

No comments: