Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Juggling Priorities

So, Mom is officially in battle with the dread C and we're stakin' out the hospital with her, determined to keep her moving! Can't say she's having an easy time of it, but there is some hope and we're clinging to it with her, like a raft thru the rapids'. Say a prayer and think Happy Happy Joy Joy for us, no worrying!

That said, I've been taking the night shifts with her and sleeping days, and working to advocate for her, as I would for myself and she has for me, in the past. Wow, finally my well honed advocacy skills' come to bear. With the support of friends I've been able to keep my responsibilities to the studio, and managed not only rehearsal, last week, but the Gold Show (if you missed it, well it was a spectacle much like the old days of the studio) and then Saturday night, I filled in for a poet at the Thirsty Mug and manged to get myself on the Radio (Everett KCSR? and it will go onto the web after that, oh boy!)

I feel so, happy in some brilliant ways that are about self and career and so, so conflicted about moral issues, & SAD about the other more immediate struggle. This ought to spawn some amazing poetry, when I've finally the time and energy to write poetry. I did manage to finish a painting which now hangs in her hospital room!

Provigil, Amantadine and xanax are good allies, at this point, and I'm managing the swing, seemingly. I'm getting better at leaning into their calibration, every day.

So, come see the White Show, even if you've seen the others. It's amazing enough for me to think my being there, might matter. Why not come see it, my haircut, and give me a hug!


www.littleredstudioseattle.com

No comments: