Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Oh, lover!!!

so, for the last 6 months, i've received at least poem (sometimes 3) a day ... this is the latest and may explain to some how, I'm holding on thru this thing with my mom ... hope you know I am thinking and feeling and hopeful, too! If you are reading this, chances are I love you, too!!! E



Foolish Man banishes doubt in poem

How do we begin again

When the detritus remains

You can’t start clean, fresh

The past is there

There’s unfinished business

Always

Unfinished business

The tears flow

Out of frustration, fear

Stop…

Believe in love

Believe in magic

Hold on

I’ll say it enough times

It must be true

It will be true.

I’ll believe, keep to my faith

When all around me

They believe I’ve lost my mind

I’ve lost everything good in my life

I’ve created this beautiful family

And still am able to write and share

And create and do so much

Then I want to be in love again

As if it was not over-rated

As if magic can happen

Does happen

And will happen to me.

As if my magic will heal others,

One in particular.

As if it will make a difference,

As if I a right to believe

I can make it so.

I must be so so foolish

To stay this course,

Yet I stay this course

I’ve saved myself

For

Island girl

She’s decided to leap

To defy former lovers

Her mother

And leap with me off the cliff

It’s already happened of course

But she actually realizes it has happened

And she’s holding onto my hand

Believing I can do this

And…

I

Can

Do

This

Because

She’s holding onto my

Hand

And I’m

Foolish enough

To believe

In

The magic

Of us.

No comments: